Visit CAPA Overseas
A visit to see one of our programs will give you the opportunity first hand to see how CAPA implements our Global Cities curriculum and manages customized programs. CAPA regularly host Global Cities conferences at all of our program locations and accepts individual visitors from institutions to meet our staff, experience the program in action, and learn about how we can partner with you.
A CAPA Global Cities Conference
This CAPA Global Cities Conference explores the theater and art communities in London and Dublin that both embrace and reject artistic traditions. Register Today!
Through participating in guided walking tours and attending performances and lectures by CAPA-affiliated artists, actors, professors, and historians, you will discover each city’s urban art scene and how current art communities have developed. You will also learn about the theater and performing arts curriculum that both CAPA Dublin and CAPA London Global Cities programs offer your students.
This exciting Conference will include professionally-produced theater performances at CAPA Dublin in Griffith College and in the CAPA London Center’s new performing arts space The Street. There will also be opportunities to learn about everything these CAPA Global Cities Programs have to offer, including campus tours; interactions with staff, faculty, and students; opportunities to visit classes; and optional visits to student accommodations and internship sites (London only).
Arrive in Dublin, Ireland, on Sunday March 9, 2014. Depart for London on Wednesday, March 12. On Saturday, March 15, the Conference will include optional activities. Participants may choose to depart on either the 15th or Sunday the 16th. The deadine to register is February 6, 2014!
Each visit will include 2.5 full days in each city with the following activities:
- A welcome reception or dinner upon arrival
- Theater performances with interactive workshops
- Guided historical and urban street art tours of the Global City
- Visits to classrooms, academic and staff facilities, and student accommodations
- Opportunities to interact with faculty and staff
- A luncheon or reception with current students
- Optional visits to CAPA internship and/or service learning sites
- Optional participation in MyEducation events held during the conference
The conference fee of $700 for affiiliates and partners and $850 for non-partners covers the following:
- Accommodation in a single room in Dublin and twin (shared) room in London (single supplement available for $300)
- Welcome reception and farewell functions
- Flight from Dublin to London
- Ground transportation from the Dublin hotel to the airport and from the London airport to the hotel
- Ground transportation related to conference activities
- Some meals, including breakfast at the hotel
- Theater performances
- Conference participation and materials
- Guest lectures and discussions with CAPA faculty and local subject experts
- Walking tours and co-curricular activities that explore the Global City
A 50% deposit is due upon registration. You will be invoiced for the remaining amount. The CAPA cancellation policy is included in the Conference Agreement Form. The deadine to register is February 6, 2014!